Sunday, June 15, 2014

Silk Scarves

My friend Kelly wanted to dye some silk scarves so I got the dyes out yesterday. I found a few in my own stash that needed some color. Here is the result.

Sophie dyed the second and fifth scarf from the left.

Detail of first scarf on the left



Detail of the scarf fifth from the left. Dyed by Sophie.


























Really large scarves/shawls. I used a shibori technique for the scarf on the right.











It appears we used a lot of orange this time around. I also dyed some cotton but I wasn't happy with the result. My dye powders are old and tired so for Father's Day I order new dyes. There will be lots of dyeing in the studio this summer.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

3 comments:

  1. Does your purple blue one need a home? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface.
    Scarves UK

    ReplyDelete