Monday, October 13, 2014

Challenge


Hey Folks,
Do you remember this quilt?


I made it out of hand-dyed fabric for the Christ Church Episcopal fund raiser last month. Well...

Before I made the above quilt, I cut all the fabric into two inch strips,which, by the way, can be very limiting.  I decided I had to challenge myself to use the rest of the fabric in a creative way.

I am preparing for a show at Ceres Bakery in December. Lately, I've been working very large and in black and white. I've gone back to color, working small and liberating myself and am pleased with what is happening. I'm working around the idea of "Musings". Each little quilt top is made in one sitting and has yet to be quilted. Here is the start of my latest creative endeavor. Enjoy.

Musing: thoughtfully abstracted















I have my work cut out for me before December but hope to have a nice little show put together by then. If your in the area, please stop by Ceres Bakery and enjoy a coffee and their delicious pastries.



1 comment: