Thursday, February 21, 2013

In Process!

I realize it has been awhile since I've posted anything and I have been working. Honest! I will say it has been difficult to find the time to be in the studio, but such is life. It seems like I have a lot going on at once so it is hard to see the progress. I have started a quilt for our friends Dave and Christy and there is a lot of piecing to be done. The picture below will give you some idea.



The top four blocks are completed and there are 25 total. The bottom six are partially done and there will be 24 of those. This pattern is a log cabin and as you can see there are many pieces that make up one "log". 


This is my first applique quilt and I've just started to sew the pieces down by machine. Through various attempts, I have finally found the correct needle size (60) and the right thread. I'm using Superior Thread's Monopoly for the top, which is an invisible thread. (Do you know how hard it is to use invisible thread? I took it out of the package and now I can't find it!)

The other big project I have right now is quilting my friend Barb's Christmas present. This is as far as it is folk's. I have major quilting block right now. I just don't know what to do.

So until I figure something out, this is where it stays!



  














1 comment:

  1. I like Christy and Dave's. They will be so excited! They are beyond lucky to have you for a friend. They better learn how to make gin goblets.

    ReplyDelete