Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Delinquent!


Wow. I can't believe my last post was around Thanksgiving of 2013. Where has the time gone?

I was able to get a lot of quilting done over our holiday break from school. I finished quilting Dave and Christy's wedding quilt. (Only six years after their wedding!) Sometimes inspiration comes slowly.


Wedding gift for David and Christy Swindlehurst


Another project I finished was a commissioned quilt. You can see the progression below.

I quilt on an HQ-16 which is considered a mid-arm quilting machine. It is sitting quite comfortably on its own sewing table in my studio. I love my HQ.

My HQ-16

 When using a long arm quilting machine, the quilter moves the machine. When using a sit-down version of a mid-arm machine, the quilter has to move the quilt. In order to move the quilt, the quilt layers have to be pin basted together. 

Quilt Backing





Step One:

Prepare the quilt back. 
Batting layer
















Step Two:

Add the batting

Quilt sandwich ready to pin








Step Three:

Place the top and pin the layers together.




Sherry's finished quilt in its new home.


Remember the Mondo Bags I made a while back? One is enjoying the sunshine in Aruba.

I'm jealous! (And I think the flamingo is too!)








3 comments:

  1. Hi Brian..........hugs!!! VERY pretty quilts!!!!!!!!!! Mo-Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had one of those bags for St. Martin trip in a couple weeks! Maybe I can make one on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As in the husband of Corrine Moller Rogers.😊

    ReplyDelete