Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Border Dilemma



Here is a quilt I've been working on for quite some time, well actually it has been sitting on the shelf for quite some time, and tonight it called out to me because it's feeling naked and really wants a final border. 

So I began "auditioning" my extremely limited stash of black and white fabrics and nothing seemed to work due to the strong visual elements already in place.




After much consideration, I decided to go with a simple pieced border, either black with thin white strips, (Yes, I know there is only one white strip in the photo, but in my head there are two!)






or white with thin black strips.





If you take a second look at the first picture, you can get the idea. I think I'm going with the white border with two thin black strips. I like the "floating" effect of the two black lines and believe it will make a nice frame for the central design. The top is currently 78" square so I'm making the final border 9" so the quilt will finish at 96" square. 





I'd really like a couple of days off from driving bus to work in the studio. I usually spend time in my studio after work but the time change really seems to be affecting me this week. It is bothering me to look outside at 5:30/6:00 p.m. and have it be dark.

Thanks for checking in folks!






3 comments:

  1. Beautiful either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Brian! I'm with you... I like the white with thin black stripes. I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I like the floating black, but feel like white on the outside doesn't contain the piece.

    ReplyDelete