Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday



The view from my front door.
It appears winter is trying to invade the valley so it is a good morning to get stuff done around the house.

There were a bunch of chicken/turkey bones in the freezer so I started the stock pot. I had some crimini mushrooms in the fridge so I made mushrooms in marinara for my breakfast.

Stock and breakfast

But most importantly...

Feather design

I'm in the studio quilting on Dave and Christy's quilt. I drew up a feather design to incorporate into their quilt. I don't do feathers very much but admire the feather work I see on other quilts, especially from two of my favorite local professional quilters, Selena Beckwith and Vicki Ibison. (One of the reasons I don't do very many feathers is because I'm not that good at them.) 


Sample of Salena's feather work. 
So inspiring!

Salena's award winning quilt.
So, as it has been said, "Practice makes perfect!" 
So I practice and maybe someday I will quilt like a pro! 


It has been a slow week in the studio but I  have been trying to be diligent because I have a lot of quilts to get quilted. I want to get a lot accomplished today because I'm hoping this quilt will be done by next weekend or at least ready for the binding.


Dave and Christy's quilt at the machine.
It is time to go to the studio, switch laundry loads around and get back to quilting. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by.





No comments:

Post a Comment